Analytics

Friday, March 11, 2011

Babson Interview Experience



I had my interview yesterday with an alumni, who is also a member in adcom. It was through skype video which was quite unusual for me and felt disastrous dressing up professionally and sitting at home in front of the lappy webcam :) ...

She was very friendly and made me quite comfortable through out the interview...

Interview lasted for around 45-50 min.

Questions were..

Tell me something about your current non profit experience (I am leading a non profit initiative of building a univ alumni association full time as a consultant)
Then she asked me about my career progression with Deloitte over the last 3 years.
What does team work mean to me and how do i work in teams?
What are you most passionate about?
What are your strengths?
Which other colleges did you apply to?
At the end of an MBA what would you like your classmates to remember you as?
Describe yourself in one word?
how would you contribute to the college outside class?
What are your immediate post MBA plans? We had discussion following that and she shared her experiences with IBM.
She asked me about my entrepreneurial plans and i briefed her on 2-3 ideas that i am interested to work on being at babson.

I guess i never gave her a chance to ask on why Babson as i showed that i had thoroughly researched on the school in most of the questions.

She closed it with any queries and i asked her around 3 questions on the babson programs. She gave a round about answer but was sweet enough to admit that she didn't knew the exact answer and would get back to me or get me networked with the admission director!

Feedback: she was encouraging to help me get out the answers, In the end from her expressions, i felt i that i have done a good job of the interview and what impressed her the most was my research on the school. Hence, make sure to know the school and the program well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey was reading ur posts on deloitte......gud one..
so u got into babson?? i am joing deloitte this juen 27th
so did u apply 4 babson??

Unknown said...

Yes Divya. I am already studying at Babson.